Tuesday, May 17, 2016

what a WEEK!

Bea

Friend that is moving

Monserrat

District
What a WEEK! 
This week was full of a little bit of everything. Moments of fear, tears, and pure joy as we watched our favorite little Bea be BAPTIZED!! 
 Tuesday we were off to go go district meeting when the phone rang from an unknown number so I picked it up thinking it was an investigator when I heard "hermana cragun, do you know who this is?" I immediately recognized the voice as an old investigator from my FIRST area. And my stomach basically dropped. He began asking me where I was, where my trainer was. He was trying to get information about her. When I told him I couldn't give out info like that he said "well it's just that I've been wanting to learn more about the gospel again" and I said "contact the missionaries in sabadell  then, they can help you" and he said "well hermana cragun, it's just that I'm not in sabadell anymore, I've moved because of work, and I've just so happened to find myself in vilafranca now. And I've heard you are here now, correct?"
I couldn't believe it. I had no idea who told him where I was or who had given him the number to our phone. I basically told him never to call back again and that we could never meet. (But that if he was really interested in the gospel that he should call the sabadell missionaries) 
 I phoned my STL who had me talk to president, so basically our whole district is in guard in case anything happenes, but I don't think anything will so know worries. How he figured out our number or where I was now? Still unknown. 

There were some tears this week though as one of our favorite families in The ward moved to Mallorca :( they've lost everything so they had no choice but to go. Being on my mission has made me realize how lucky I am. I've watched people and met people who have passed through horrific things, and yet keep going. One of my favorite lines is from a girl my age who said "there are people who will complain all day to you about your lives, but I don't like to do that. All that does it make you sad, and life isn't about being sad. Life is about laughing" 
This comes from a girl whose been abused, whose lost her sight, and who has lost her home, and is on her way to live with her cousin. It's just made me realize how lucky I am to have the life that I  have. What I use to think was a "big deal" before the mission has become nothing but petty worries now. 

But the best part of the week was when BEA WAS BAPTIZED!!! it was so amazing to see her take his step! She's come so far spiritually, she's even sharing the gospel with her friends. Her service was small and beautiful. She didn't want a lot of people there, just close friends and family. But it was so great and went so well. This is one of my favorite things about the gospel. That it comes from an all knowing God we can't even comprehend, and yet it's so simple even a child can grasp it. And Bea has truly grasped it.

Well time is flying here. It's hard to believe I'll be 20 this week, or that I've been almost out for a year now on the mission. Everyday I strive to make the most of my time here. Que sepan que me encanta ser misionara. I Love being a missionary. This has been the hardest but most joyful fulfilling time of my life. 
Xoxoxo
Hna Cragun 

No comments:

Post a Comment