Thursday, December 17, 2015



What aaaaaa week.
First off a very merry kind of almost Christmas to everyone at home. You wouldn't know it but 
we just got back from attempting to ice skate and drinking warm chocolaty drinks in the center of Valencia while listening to Jackie evancho Christmas songs through my iPad (it rocks having Americans who give you Christmas music in your ward). It's finally beginning to feel like the month of Christmas here, well kind of. 

This week was a blur but then again, isn't every week? 
 While street contacting we stopped a woman who pointed to me and said "I've seen you before" and I  said "are you sure?" She said of course! You are missionaries, you use to come to my house. I couldn't help but laugh on the inside because I personally had never visited her before. Sometimes people get us confused with Jehovah's witnesses. So to be sure we pulled out the Book of Mormon and I said did the missionaries give you this book? And she said yes it's at my house! I want you to come by this week and being me one in French! Well we set up a return visit and sure in enough a couple days later we showed up to a SHOCK. Naomi, the woman we met on the street, pulled out her own Book of Mormon and opened up to the end of Mosiah. She explained that she had met the missionaries almost a year ago and she had been given this book, but for whatever reason they lost contact. she had kept the book all this time and kept reading it. She doesn't read spanish well because her first language is French so she has to go slow, line by line translating it. She held the book in her frail hands and said smiling at us, "I know this book is true! It's a book of miracles, and I asked God if it was true and he said it was. I know your church is true" 
Utter shock. 

I know God is a God of miracles, that he hears and answers prayers. I know that it is through the refiners fire he forms us into the person we need to become, and if we fear God more than man, He can do any work through us. 
Xoxo hermana cragun 

"Get on your knees and ask for the blessings of the Lord;Then stand on your feet and do what you are asked to do". - Gordon B. Hinckely

No comments:

Post a Comment