Monday, July 13, 2015

First week in Spain; Sabadell

HOLAAAAA!! :)
  Wow. Barcelona. There are no words to explain how it feels to be back. 
First though let me do a quick recap of the past week and a half.
Last Sunday we packed up our stuff at the CCM and said our goodbyes. I was the first one to go at 3 AM Monday. My cute girls(roommates) though woke up with me at 3 AM and walked me out to the bus where we said our goodbyes and got our last picture, pjs and tears and all. Really I couldn´t have asked for a better district to begin with. District 12 will be missed for sure. 

  And then I headed off for the airport. Let me say that the CCM is great. Really. But man they are the WORST at getting you to the airport on time. Despite being woken up at 3am and leaving around then, I didn´t get to the airport until (no kidding here) 6:45 and my plane was leaving at...7¨30. awesome. So I'm basically scared out of my mind that Im going to miss the flight and even worse the line for security was the longest I had ever seen it, out the door. I don´t know if I've ever prayed harder haha but by some miracle the line cleared and I ran to my gate and made it just in time. And who would be waiting for me there but none other than my Dad :)) For those of you at home this was seriously just a chance run in. My dad was leaving for a business trip but we saw each other one last time before I left. MIRACLE! 

Sabadell. And Sister Stott. That´s my first area and first companion :) Where to even begin about any of these... Sabadell is about 30 min from Barcelona so it´s very close. I love it. Classic Spanish houses, children and grandmas out on the streets till 1 am or later. Our district is great, the ward is soooooo amazing. But our week has been anything but normal. Or maybe even great, haha it´s been kind of..crazy. Missionary work is HARD hard people. I have been yelled at multiple times for preaching lies, Ive had Muslims tell me I believe in a false God, Jehovah´s witness wanting to dispute over religion. We have to go door knocking a lot and people usually do one of the following a) look through the peep hole and don't answer, b) tell us they are not interested or, c) angrily tell us to go away. hahahahaha but you know what? I am SO happy. I honestly love being a missionary! It´s hard and it´s hot and most of the time people don´t want to listen. But I know that the message we´re teaching is true and I know that our Heavenly Father loves each of his children so I know how important it is to keep going because this gospel will change lives and it is for everyone.

I'm so happy to be here! I cant believe I'm back!! Love you all and hope you are doing well! 
xoxo -Hermana Cragun
 Knocking in Sabadell
 Hermana Stott
 View of the City
Adios CCM at 3 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment