Wednesday, October 26, 2016



 

 



The lord calls the unlikely to do the impossible"
-Russel M Nelson (spoken literally five feet from me)

This week we had the opportunity to hear from an apostle of the lord; Russell M Nelson,  his wife Wendy and Jennifer and Patrick Kearon, they came to speak to our mission. It was by far the most spiritual and impacting moment of my whole life. As we gathered as the entire mission waiting for the President Nelson to enter the room we quietly sang "we thank thee o God for a prophet" and the spirit was so strong, you could not deny that the lord testified to each one of us that we were going to be learning from one of his chosen servants that day.

I could probably write a novel about the things I learned that day, but what was most impacting for  me was President Nelsons, was he was of being (I'm so sorry if that doesn't translate right it sounds better in Spanish) anyways, his presence and how you could just look at him and see something different about him. He and his wife talked about how the lord is coming back, and he's coming back soon. And the importance of leaving it all on the mission and coming back changed and staying changed. We also had the opportunity to hear from the Kearons and that in itself was so amazing.

Well President Nelson did leave us with a challenge-to try a new door approach. Every time someone answered the door we needed to ask them "would you like to know more about you family?" "Do you know your grandparents, your great grandparents? Well let us help you!"
So we tried it out  and saw soooo many miracles Haha and so many funny responses as well. One of those miracles  was meeting Adrian and his girlfriend Denia. As we knocked a building this young Spanish couple answered, covered in tattoos and piercings clearly had just been smoking and so well we presented ourselves and asked if they wanted to know more about their family, and you know what?! THEY SAID YES I just want to make it clear that that NEVER happens haha. We ended up teaching the plan of salvation and it was so incredible, were coming back Wednesday to teach them more. 

The work is growing here in beautiful Girona, we have three investigators preparing for baptism right now- Daniel from Honduras, Merlin from Honduras and Elvira from Peru; we love working here and I absolutely LOVE the members here, I feel more at home than ever. 

I love this work, I love being a missionary and I love Spain! I'm grateful as President Nelson stated that the lord "calls the unlikely to do the impossible." I at times feel like the most unlikely person to be called to the lords work, as I think of all my flaws and how much more I have to learn and do, but with the lord I truly can do the impossible 

Love you all!! Xoxox Hermana Cragun 

No comments:

Post a Comment