Friday, December 11, 2015

What is the perfect day?





What would your perfect day be like? A day at the beach with no where to be or anyone to worry about? Or maybe your perfect day is action filled with climbing the Swiss alps and eating all the chocolate you can get your hands on. I thought I knew what my perfect day was, but I didn't, not until it actually happened. 

The day began normal, filled with places to be and people to teach. We started with our newest investigaor: a Muslim man from Mali. We brought mama Africa to help us teach as well. Mama Africa is a large African woman from Cameroon. She can't have children so therefore she spiritually adopts everyone as her child giving her the name as "mama Africa". She is amazing. There are no words to describe her, seriously. She walked five years across the plains of Africa to get here to Spain. She met the missionaries here and  was converted. Now she is over la obra misional here in the ward. She was a spritualt powerhouse during the lesson, and our Muslim friend wants to keep learning because he believes everything we have said so far. 
Well We (me and hermana storer) had been fasting for a miracle because our investigators Elle  is on the verge of getting baptized but she's still really nervous about it. We prayed before planning our lesson for her, and as we  got up, we turned to the same scripture in third nephi about faith in Christ. So we decided that we needed to focus on a faith in Christ lesson as well as a priesthood lesson. 
Well as we were preparing I couldn't get the story of Jesus healing the blind man out of my mind: I studied it for a while and decided that like this man, Our Investigator needed a blessing. I asked Hermana storer what she thought of the idea and decided we should go for it.
That night our American friend Garry and his wife Brooklyn came to help us with the lesson. Garry speaks Spanish Brooklyn doesn't. At the end of our lesson we asked Elle how her faith in Christ was and we showed a video about blessings. Elle told us that weirdly enough she hadn't been feeling good lately not sick but just...unsettled. And began to cry. Well we told her about blessings and how they are from Heavenly Father and Garry asked if she wanted a blessing and  she said yes. Garry was about to give the blessing when Brooklyn said "wait, I feel like I need to say something". Everyone froze cause Brooklyn haha didn't know what had been going on and she asked Garry to translate for her and she said "I have no idea what's been said tonight but I feel like I need to share a story about receiving a blessing" the spirit was SO strong it was so cool how even though Brooklyn hadn't known what we were saying she had understood the spirit to say just what she needed to in the right moment. Well after Garry gave the blessing 

It was such a detailed amazing blessing. Everyone was crying at the end. I can't write what was said but I will never forget it. We left with testimonies and prayer and asked Elle  to pray that she might to know if it was all true 
 Walking out of that lesson Garry told us he couldn't remember giving a blessing like that ever or feeling the spirit that strong even throughout all his mission. He said that as he was giving the blessing to her one thing was clear: God had something special in store for her. She is needed of the lord right now.

That night ended with a surprise phone call from a lost convert who called to say she was ready to come back. Something clicked in her that day and she realized her emptiness inside and  lack of purpose. She had been thinking of what we had last said to her and it had all come together. She was ready to start over again. 

This day was my most perfect day. There is nothing comparable to the spirit on the mission. You always hear missionaries say ohhh I love the mission, ohh I never want to leave but I think  I am just beginning to really understand it. These are the moments I will never forget. The moments that little by little shape and teach and change me. And I am so thankful for this time to be so close to the spirit to the savior and to my Heavenly Father and to feel the love they have for each child of God. I Couldn't  think of a better way to celebrate this Christmas season than by doing this work of the lord's. 
Love you all and know I am so happy to be doing what I am right now Two hearts hermana cragun

No comments:

Post a Comment